Getting Started At Online Casinos
Finding A CasinoBefore you start playing at an online casino you have to select one and this could be the most important decision you make. Signing up at the wrong online casino can see all your deposits disappear overnight. The easiest way to find a trustworthy online casino is pick one from our recommended list. We assure you that our due diligence is strict and our experts spend months playing at an online casino before recommending it.
We want our readers to be savvy so we will highlight some key pointers in selecting online casinos.
- License: Never ever play at an online casino that is unlicensed or one that carries a license from an unknown authority. Look for a license from reputed regulatory bodies like the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, the Government of Gibraltar and the Malta Gaming Authority and make sure that it is valid.
- Software: Similarly make sure that the games are from reputed software providers like Microgaming, NetEnt and Playtech. They not only develop high quality games but their software is tested for fairness by independent experts. You will never face rigged odds while playing these games.
Beyond these mandatory issues, there are personal choices involved and you should look for online casinos that cater to your preferences.
- You like slot games or live casino games?
- Do you plan to claim bonuses frequently?
- Are you a cryptocurrency user?
Registering An Account At An Online Casino
You can sign up either from your mobile device or from your desktop. Once your account is registered you can log in from any device and start playing.
The process is started by clicking a prominently displayed button that says “Sign Up” or “Join” or something similar. The exact steps will vary from casino to casino but you will generally have to enter the following personal information.
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Create User ID and password
- Select currency
You will have to accept the terms and conditions. Many online casinos send a verification link to your email address and you will have to activate that.
Though the registration process is quick and simple please do not be casual about it. New players are likely to make some mistakes about which we are cautioning you in advance.
- Do not give any incorrect information because the consequences can be severe. Online casinos carry out KYC verification and if you are bluffing you will be caught. You will definitely be banned from that online casino but you can face criminal charges for giving details of a credit card that does not belong to you.
- If the currency of your country is accepted at the online casino then opt for it. You will make considerable long term savings by eliminating currency conversion charges.
- Subscribe to receiving promotions by email. Many online casinos do not post all bonuses at the web site.
Online Casino Deposits And Withdrawals
Making Deposits At Online Casinos
Online casinos do not offer credit, so if you want to bet with real money (as opposed to playing for fun) you have to make a deposit. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in at the online casino and open the Cashier.
- You will find a list of all the deposit options available for your country/currency.
- Select the one you want and enter all the details asked for, which are necessary for online deposits and withdrawals. This is a one-time activity.
- Activate the button that initiates the process. You will have to enter the amount that you want to deposit and a bonus code if you are claiming a bonus. Then, follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Most deposit options give instant credit, but you may have to wait a few minutes before the funds show up in your account.
Online Casino Payment Options
Selecting a deposit option needs to done with due consideration, particularly because at many online casinos it is next to impossible to make a change. We provide an overview of common payment options:
- Credit & Debit Cards (MasterCard, Visa): Most players would already be using credit or debit cards for online and offline transactions hence this is often a first choice. The con side is that at some online casinos withdrawals cannot be made to this option.
- Electronic Wallets (Neteller, Skrill): This option is free and quick at online casinos and supports both deposits and withdrawals. The costs of transferring funds from the electronic wallet to your bank account can be high.
- Prepaid Cards (Neosurf, Paysafecard): The advantage is anonymity while depositing funds but withdrawals are not supported.
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin): They are free from national regulation and hence preferred by some players. This option is relatively new and therefore some players are staying away.
- Banking Options (Check, Wire Transfer): Usually these are only withdrawal options and entail a high cost and long delivery time. Players use them only when there is no other choice.
Payment Option Tips At Online Casinos
- This seems to be a universal online casino rule. Withdrawals will be made to the option used for deposits, where possible. Otherwise funds will be remitted through one of the banking options. Select a payment option that supports both deposits and withdrawals.
- Completing KYC verification before the first withdrawal is mandatory. Send the required documents to the online casino as soon as possible.
- There are minimum and maximum limits in place for both deposits and withdrawals. Make sure that you adhere to these.
Making Withdrawals At Online Casinos
The ultimate aim of every player is to withdraw their winnings and this is how you do it.
- Log in to the online casino.
- Select the Withdraw tab in the Cashier
- In most casinos only the eligible option will be displayed. In some you will have to select the eligible option from those displayed.
- Enter the amount to be withdrawn and follow the instructions to complete the transaction.
Online Casino Games And Software
Your interest in online casino games has brought you here, but if any doubts still linger in your mind let us dispel them now. You can play all the land casino games and more from the comfort of your home. Players new to casino gaming will enjoy learning the ropes alone away from the glares of the croupiers and the pros. Check out some of the popular games you can play at online casinos.
Over 75% of the online casino games are video slots and almost all the new development is taking place in this category. There are many different types of video slots and some broad types are described below.
- Classic Slots: These are 3-reels slot machines with relatively simple features.
- Video Slots: These 5-reels games integrate themes with high payout features like wild symbols, payout multipliers, free spins and bonus games.
- Progressive Slots: The top payout will keep increasing with every spin till a player hits the jackpot. Some progressive slots like Mega Moolah pay in millions every hit.
- Branded Slots: These slots use audio visual content from copyrighted brands like movies, television shows and pop performers. Enter the world of dinosaurs in Jurassic Park or rock to the hit songs of Guns N Roses.
Online Table Games
All the games played on tables at land casinos are collated in this category. Many of them follow the exact rules of popular land casinos around the world, but you also have games that have been developed for online play.
- Blackjack: Vegas Strip Blackjack, European Blackjack, Perfect Pairs Blackjack
- Roulette: European Roulette, French Roulette, American Roulette,Double Ball Roulette
- Others: Baccarat, Caribbean Stud Poker, Pai Gow Poker
At land casinos you would find these games in the slots arcade. They are based on poker hand rankings but played against a payout table. Popular titles are Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and Bonus Poker.
The usual casino games are simulated using software. The latest trend in online gambling is live casinos, where the games are actually played at tables with human dealers conducting them as in land casinos. The action is video streamed to your computers using multiple cameras and high resolution transmission to create an effect of actually being in a land casino. Many players can simultaneously place bets on the same table. The most common live casino games are baccarat, roulette and blackjack.
Most online casinos operate on a multi-provider software platform that can be accessed through desktops and mobile devices without downloading apps. There are many studios that create online casino games and the operator licenses the games according to his clientele. The most popular software providers are NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech and Rival. Evolution is the leader in live casino games.
Bonuses add an interesting dimension to online casino game play. Casino operators offer bonuses to attract new players and to retain their existing customers. Bonuses are free playing money and through a set of conditions you actually have to play with bonus funds. You cannot cash them and take the money home. However, you are allowed to cash out your winnings from playing the bonus.
Casino Bonus Glossary
As you browse through online casino websites, you will come across many terms related to bonuses. We explain the more common ones here so that you will understand what you read.
- No deposit bonus: You get free playing money without having to make a deposit.
- Deposit match bonus: You first make an eligible deposit and then get a percentage of the deposit amount as bonus.
- Free spins bonus: Instead of an amount, you get a number of free spins on designated slot games. You may or may not be asked to make a deposit.
- Welcome package: A set of bonuses offered to new players that usually includes a no deposit bonus or no deposit free spins and a deposit match bonus.
- Wagering requirement: This tells you the amount you need to wager from the use of bonus money before you can cash out the winnings. It is also referred to as rollover or play through.
This should get you started on the fascinating journey of online casino gambling. You will need assistance from time to time and it will be available at hand. Most of the online casinos we recommend would have posted a comprehensive and well-organised FAQ section on the web site. You go to the desired topic (like Bonus, Payments, Technical etc.) and browse through the questions.
The next step is contacting customer support of the online casino. Be assured that the representatives will be courteous and efficient. Click the Live Help icon on the website and chat with the the representative that comes online. This option is free and elicits an immediate response. You will be given other options like email and phone, but none are better than live help.
We are your constant partners in online casino gambling. A wealth of information is available on our website regarding all aspects of the activity. You can also contact our support team for any assistance whatsoever.